Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Toola Roola Amigurumi

My kids have really been into the My Little Pony shows lately. So when I saw Hooked on Anime's great pattern for a crochet my little pony, I had to get started making my own!



The pattern is so great! Genius shaping that translates into the perfect pony silhouette. And since the whole body is worked in double crochet, it works up pretty fast. After determining that Toola Roola is my daughter's favorite pony I went in search of the perfect pale pink yarn. Since I live in a small town however, I couldn't find the color I wanted in worsted weight, so I settled for sport weight yarn. In order to make sure there weren't going to be any gaps between stitches where stuffing might peek through, I did the whole thing with two strands of yarn and used a G hook instead of H. And I crocheted tight! Those were the only changes I made to the pattern.


I actually think the mane, tail, eyes, and cutie mark took longer than hooking up the pony. But, I think she turned out rather fabulously don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment