Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Illustration Friday - Hurry



Late for School

I’m late for school, oh what will I do?
My hair’s a mess. I can’t find one shoe!
My clothes don’t match but I must get dressed!
I can’t miss school, I’ve got a test!

I’m late for school because I have a knack
Of suddenly losing my school backpack
Just before it’s time to go
Where did I put it? I just don’t know.

I haven’t had my breakfast yet.
My cereal’s getting all soggy and wet.
I found my shoe but oh what bad luck!
The sole is covered in icky muck!

And now my mom shouts out a threat
And asks why I’m not ready yet
I say it’s ‘cause I’m tired and cranky
She asks me if I need a spanky.

I’m late for school, I’ve unbrushed teeth
Oh there’s my backpack! It’s underneath
My unmade bed, I should have known
That’s where all my lost things go.

I’m late for school, but it wasn’t me…

I’m pretty sure it’s mother’s fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment